Wednesday 12 March 2014

Health: Benefits of Sweet Potatoe

Good Afternoon Lovelies

It has been ages since I have posted but I have been extremely busy. I will make sure I post at least twice a week. Anyway as you all know from my "New Years Resolutions" post I have decided to become more healthy. I did a whole bunch of research on different types of food and the healthier options.
I stopped eating normal potatoes and switched over to Sweet Potatoes. Did you know that normal potatoes contain 400 - 500 calories in one potatoes whereas a Sweet potatoe only has 100 - 112 calories in one potatoe. 

Here are more benefits of Sweet Potato:

1. They Contain Vitamin D. This is very important for the boosting of your immune system and your over all health throughout the year. Vitamin D plays a big role in your energy levels, moods,helps builds healthy bones,nerves,skin and teeth and it supports the thyroid gland.

2. Sweet Potatoes contain Iron which helps aid in giving us energy but iron also plays other rolls in our body, including the production of White and Red blood cells, resistance to stress and the metabolizing of protein in your body.

3. Sweet Potatoes are a good source of magnesium which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.

4. Sweet Potatoes are naturally sweet tasting but there natural sugars are slowly released into the blood stream, which helps ensure that you have a balanced and regular source of energy.

5. They are high in potassium which helps regulate your heartbeat and nerve signals. Potassium also helps with relaxing muscle contractions, reduces swelling and protecting and controlling the activity of your kidneys.

There are just a few benefits of sweet potatoes and how they help regulate your bodily functions. I eat a sweet potatoe 3 times a day with each meal and I hardly ever have cravings for chocolate or sweets because of the natural sweet taste of the potatoe.

This is just one of the healthier foods that I love. I will be doing more blog posts on many more.
Enjoy and thanks for reading
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment