Friday 22 November 2013

How to treat Acne prone skin!

Hello Beauties :)
I have been dealing with Mild to Moderate acne since I was a teenager and even though its not half as bad now because of me becoming more healthy and I watch what I eat. I want to share with you guys how to look after your skin if you are acne prone.

Lets get started:

1. If you have acne prone skin make sure that you wash your face twice daily. Once in the morning and in the evening before you go to bed because during the day your skin collects oil, dirt and other impurities that can clog your pores and cause breakouts.

2. Make sure you moisturize. This is so important because when you wash your face daily this pulls away some of the natural oils so moisturizing your skin after washing it is very important.

3. Do not pick at blemishes or pimples. Pimples are filled with bacteria so when you squeeze them you are spreading the bacteria and this can cause breakouts every where else on your face so I suggest you keep your hands away from you acne prone skin.

4. Make sure that you choose the correct products for your skin. You need to take your skin type into consideration. Go for products that are made for acne prone skin. Make sure you read labels before you just take a product. I prefer natural facial products and I personally recommend getting a product with natural ingredients in it.

5.We are what we eat. This is so true ladies. We need to think before just putting things into our bodies. Make wise food choices and make sure you follow a balanced diet. I noticed a dramatic change when I cut out wheat and dairy from my diet. I also started eating more veg and fruits and this made my skin look more healthy and radiant despite the minor acne.

6. I cant stress this enough ladies. Drinking water is so important not only for our skin but the function of our body. Drinking water or lemon water helps flush out toxins which in turn clears skin. There are endless benefits to drinking water/lemon water.

7.  If you have acne prone skin make sure that you use oil free makeup. If you are using oil based makeup this could be the cause of your breakouts. Make sure you find makeup that is suitable to your skin type.

8.If you have oily/greasy hair try and keep it away from your face because the oil from your hair could rub off on your skin, clog your pores and cause breakouts. I wear my hair up at night in a high bun to keep my hair away from my face.

These are just a few tips ladies and there are so many more. Find the ones that work for you
I hope this helps ladies
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment